The Detroit Lions head to Lambeau Field to battle the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football. Both teams were dominated last week, though Detroit at least showed some fight. Will Aaron Rodgers and the Packers be able to right the ship tonight? The following Lions vs. Packers preview will provide the current odds, betting trends and best NFL bets for the Week 2 Monday Night Football matchup.
NFL Best Bets & Odds: Week 2 Monday Night Football
Lions vs. Packers Game Info
The Lions faced a healthier 49ers team in Week 1, and it was not pretty. After a 38-10 hole, the 49ers called off the dogs, which allowed Detroit to make the final score look respectable and pad the stats a bit. However, the Lions lost arguably their best defensive player in Jeff Okudah. It makes a terrible unit worse, and it is at a very poor time, with a matchup against Davante Adams looming.
Did you know that shopping for the best lines across several sportsbooks is one of the best, easiest ways to increase your sports betting ROI today? You can get better odds too, which means you win more when your bets pan out. What's more, you can take advantage of bonus offers and promotions at several sportsbooks with the links provided on this site.
- Shop NFL Odds Now
- Shop NCAA Football Odds Now
- Shop MLB Odds Now
- Get a bonus at BetRivers
- Get a bonus at William Hill
- Get a bonus at PointsBet
While the Lions looked bad, the Packers looked worse against the Saints. New Orleans was able to get pressure with a three-man rush due to poor interior offensive line play. This allowed the Saints to drop defenders and effectively stop the pass as well as the run. Defensively, Joe Barry’s scheme relies solely on getting pressure up front. They were not able to do so, which led to open looks for Jameis Winston. Tonight is a bounce-back spot, but beating a terrible team will not necessarily inspire confidence.
Lions vs. Packers Betting NFL Picks + Odds Shopping
Using Awesemo’s OddsShopper tool, we can easily compare the NFL odds for Lions vs. Packers betting across the major sportsbooks. Make sure to check out the OddsShopper tool yourself to get the most up-to-date odds.
Lions vs. Packers NFL Betting Trends
- Detroit is 1-0 against the spread this season.
- The total hit the over in the Lions’ first game this season.
- Green Bay is 0-1 against the spread this season.
- The total hit the over in the Packers’ first game this season.
Lions vs. Packers Betting Stats
- Detroit is averaging 33.0 points per game this season (T-No. 6 in the NFL).
- Detroit is surrendering 41.0 points per game this season (No. 32 in the NFL).
- Green Bay is averaging 3.0 points per game this season (No. 32 in the NFL).
- Green Bay is surrendering 38.0 points per game this season (No. 30 in the NFL).