OddsShopper
Expert Picks
PicksFree ToolsPremium ToolsOffersAccount

Home Run Bet Hit! DINGER SALE IS ACTIVE! Picks & Tools Just $1 (Use Code: DINGER)

Categories News PGA

Tiger Woods Masters Bets Are Dominating These Two Markets

It should come as no surprise that Tiger Woods Masters bets are getting the attention ahead of Augusta 2024. That said, I don’t know if even the most ardent Tiger fans would expect this level of dominance in the Masters betting market: He is currently the subject of nearly half of all make/miss the cut bets by himself.

React App

Per BetOnline’s Dave Mason, all of the non-Tiger golfers in the 89-man Masters field have made up 56% of make/miss the cut wagers, leaving 44% for Woods:

Since returning to the PGA following his catastrophic car crash in early 2021, Tiger has competed at six tournaments. Making the cut actually has not been as much of an issue as one might think; he has made it to the weekend in four of those. What has been an issue, however, is managing the pain in his surgically repaired leg.

Tiger has withdrawn from three tournaments in those six, twice on the weekend and once before. Only twice has he made it all the way to the end. Granted, one of those was the 2022 Masters, but he withdrew after making the cut at Augusta last year.

Ultimately, if Woods makes it to Round 3 before withdrawing, bets on him to make the cut will win. He is currently +100 to make the cut on DraftKings and -135 to miss, so bettors are skeptical of his ability to manage pain right now.

Betting on him to make the cut is not exactly a longshot, but Woods does have the third-longest odds in the field — ahead of only Peter Malnati and Phil Mickelson. If you want to find some other Masters longshot bets past and future, I broke down some of the best of all-time and for this week’s tournament.

Speaking of Mickelson, Mason also tweeted that his matchup with Tiger is by far the most bet matchup, seeing six times as many bets as second place. It makes sense given it was the era-defining rivalry of the 2000s, plus they are two of the figureheads in the PGA-LIV feud.

All of this goes to show that, no matter where he is with his game or his health, Tiger Woods draws eyes and action more than any other golfer of the past, present and future.

Featured Articles

Related Articles