There are just a few days until MLB isn’t the only sport in town, but that won’t stop me from giving out my best MLB picks today (Aug. 24) from Lindy’s Locks on the OddsShopper YouTube channel. For up-to-date news, follow me on Twitter to get my best bets and more recapped prior to lock.
Best MLB Picks Today – August 24
You can also watch our best MLB picks today, and other content (video below). If you prefer, you can watch it on YouTube.
Oakland Athletics (LHP Ken Waldichuk) at Chicago White Sox (RHP Jesse Scholtens)
– Bad pitching matchup, Athletics get a park upgrade.
– Scholtens: 35% hard hit percentage, 16.0% strikeout rate.
– White Sox: Home run props popping in the OddsShopper tool.
Los Angeles Dodgers (RHP Ryan Pepiot) at Cleveland Guardians (RHP Gavin Williams)
– Double check to see which books have this one on the board, only a couple books had it up as of writing.
– Williams: Major league-caliber fastball, throwing it 57% of the time, with a 26% strikeout rate and just a 5.8 barrel percentage.
– Pepiot: Great spin on his fastball, 42% whiff rate, solid underlying metrics
Cincinnati Reds (LHP Brandon Williamson) at Arizona Diamondbacks (RHP Merrill Kelly)
– Kelly: Hasn’t had the best of seasons, but is still a lot better than Williamson. Kelly has a 41.5% hard hit rate, but a 25.5% strikeout rate against Cincinnati team that likes to strike out against righties
– Reds: Bullpen a bit taxed right now, which should force Williamson to go longer than the Reds might want.
– Williamson: 42.2% hard hit percentage, .455 xSLG